ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
JN Bank is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced candidate to fill the position of Human Resource Officer – Level 2. The HR Officer is required to carry out the activities and transactions related to the HR Services portfolio in a manner that will allow for the effective delivery of customer service to the HR customer base. The HR Officer –Level 2 also provides support in the planning and execution of the administrative functions of the unit such as records management, staff correspondence and data management. The position is also responsible for the execution of special projects and initiatives in aiding the development of strategies that will improve HR services.
Job Category: Clerical
- Review, analyse and process all service requests within the standards.
- Maintain employee records; update all electronic and paper files with incoming and outgoing communication as per the work process assigned.
- Update tracking logs daily to reflect status of service requests and activities.
- Produce weekly and monthly summaries of transactions and activities logs reflecting the comparison to the SLAs or work plan targets.
- Complete weekly plans for review by supervisor. Plan to include targets and strategy for clearing backlogs, list of concerns or issues affecting the portfolio, other targets and activities as required.
- Communicate action taken and follow through on all assigned items. Communicate completion and confirm satisfaction with the results.
- Maintain consistency and integrity between paper files, electronic files and employee data systems.
- Properly identify all items related to the employees and file as appropriate. Abide by standard filing and records management protocols to ensure files can be maintained and information can be accessed when required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A First Degree in Human Resource Management or Business Administration or its equivalent
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar capacity in a Human Resources environment
- Training in Human Resource management or related disciplines
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Engaging and dynamic personality with superb customer service orientation
- Team oriented with the ability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills and an excellent knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Strong presentation skills
- High level of proficiency in use of computer systems, particularly MS Office suite: Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude
Interested applicants are being invited to forward an updated résumé and cover letter as one document to:
Subject Line: “Human Resource Officer – JN Bank”
Cover letter and resume to be titled: FirstName_LastName_Human Resource Officer
Attn: HR Business Partner
Group Human Resource Development
15 Braemar Avenue, Kingston 5, Jamaica W.I.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: August 21, 2019
We thank all candidates for responding, however, only those short-listed will be contacted.