ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced candidate to fill the position of Software Tester at JN Bank. The incumbent will conduct User Acceptance Testing of the Bank’s core systems and any other application that is obtained for the Bank’s use; Examine proposed changes to the configuration of the Bank’s applications to determine the effect of these changes and provide reports accordingly.
JOB CATEGORY: TECHNICAL
- Execute the testing process for the Bank’s core systems, in an effort to identify and report defects and other potential issues.
- Develop test plans, test cases and test scripts for applications used by the Bank.
- Investigate cases of serious malfunction caused by configuration changes.
- Examine proposed changes to the configuration of the Bank’s applications to determine the effect of these changes.
- Conduct knowledge transfer for tested applications to key stakeholders including User Support Department, Operations and trainers.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent in a comparable field from a recognized tertiary institution
- At least three (3) years’ working experience in Testing or Financial Services Industry
- Significant and proven experience in an Application Development/ Support Maintenance environment is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Well-developed Planning and Organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong Business Analysis and IT Project Management skills
- High level of proficiency in use of computer systems, particularly MS Office suite: Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude
Interested applicants are being invited to forward an updated résumé and cover letter to:
Subject Line: “Software Tester”
Attn: HR Business Partner
Group Human Resource Development
15 Braemar Avenue, Kingston 10, Jamaica W.I.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: DECEMBER 23, 2019
We thank all candidates for responding, however, only those short-listed will be contacted.