UK Jamaica Fair Song Competition – Official Rules
The Jamaica National Group and British High Commission are pleased to announce the UK Jamaica Fair Song Competition. Enter for a chance to win two tickets to London, UK.
Entry is open to members of the public who are resident, Jamaican citizens 18 years and older at the date of submission of the entry. Persons who have previously won or were runners-up in prior talent competitions open to citizens of Jamaica are not eligible to enter or participate. Employees and immediate family members of the British High Commission and The Jamaica National Group are not eligible to enter. By participating in the Competition, Entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Judges, which are final. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
How to Enter
- Record your performance of a cover version of a song by a British artist or band.
- The video recording should be no more than 1 minute.
- At the beginning of the video state the song title and the original band or artist.
- Upload the video to YouTube and add the YouTube video link to official UK Jamaica Fair Competition in JA Competition app.
- When submitting the YouTube video link via UK Jamaica Fair Song Competition app, include the full name of the singer(s), any stage name you wish to be used, and a contact telephone number and email address for the singer(s) intended to benefit from the Prize.
- Also indicate that all singers meet the age requirement of 18 years and over.
- All entries must be uploaded by midnight on Friday, January 31, 2020.
- No purchase is necessary to enter this competition.
The prize shall be two (2) free tickets to travel to London, UK. Tickets will be valid for one year and their use is subject to availability and blackout dates.
- Entries selected by a panel of Judges will be released to the public for voting from noon, 4th February to noon, 10th February, 2020.
- Public voting will be allowed for seven days and members of the public will be able to vote once per day.
- The eight (8) entries with the highest accumulated number of public votes after the end of voting will move on to the semi-final round.
- Two (2) wild card entrants, selected by the Judges will also be included in the semi-final round.
- The ten (10) semi-finalists will perform live before a panel of judges after which five (5) participants will move on to the finals.
- The final five will perform live at the UK Jamaica Fair on Saturday, February 29, 2020 before a final panel of Judges and audience for a chance to win the Grand Prize.
- The winner will be announced after final judging at the UK Jamaica Fair.
- Submissions must not include any recording of the original vocal or instrumental performance of the song which is being covered.
- Only Singers will be eligible to win.
- Singers may be supported by accompanist(s).
- All performers must be over the age of eighteen (18) years at the date of submission.
- A maximum of two Singers is allowed per entry.
- The contest is restricted to one entry per person, person including all individual singers in a duo so that no duo member may be a part of more than one entry.
- Only entries submitted via the official UK Jamaica Fair Song Competition app will be accepted as entries.
- No visible branded products or items must appear in the entry.
- No obscene language or conduct must be used or displayed in the entry.
- Only entries selected by the judges will move on to the public voting round.
- All decisions by the judges are final.
- Semi-Finalists must be able to perform in a live audition before contest judges on Thursday, February 13, 2020, which will be recorded for publication on social media.
- Finalists must be able to participate in music workshop on Friday, February 21, 2020.
- Finalists must be able to perform live at the UK Jamaica Fair on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Terms of Entry
Submission of an entry to this competition forms express consent and acceptance of all stated rules terms and conditions herein.
Entrants (which term includes accompanists) give permission to The Jamaica National Group and the British High Commission to use their recorded submission and their image and likeness in print and digital media for marketing and promotional purposes.
Entrants warrant that any performers appearing in the entry consent to the use of their performance on the submission and their image and likeness by The Jamaica National Group and British High Commission in print and digital media for marketing and promotional purposes.
Subject to applicable law, entrants release and indemnify The Jamaica National Group and the British High Commission, each of their related companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, and agents from and against any claim or cause of action or damages which may arise from their submission and or its entry to this competition, including consequential and economic loss.
Winner(s) and companion where applicable are solely responsible for obtaining documents necessary for their respective international travel (i.e. passport/visa) and neither The Jamaica National Group nor the British High Commission represent or warrant that any such documents are guaranteed to the Winner of this competition and or their chosen companion.
No substitution, assignment or transfer of the Prize is permitted, save at the sole and exclusive discretion of The Jamaica National Group and the British High Commission of Jamaica. Winner (s) is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with Prize receipt and/or use.
By accepting Prize, the Winner (s) agrees to release and indemnify the Jamaica National Group and the British High Commission, each of their related companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of the Prize.