Carlton Earl Samuels, CD, JP, FCA, FCCA, MBA
Assistant General Manager, Chief Development Financing Officer
Carlton Earl Samuels has a distinguished career in the field of Financial and General Management. As Financial Manager and Consultant, he has worked in several private and statutory organisations. In 2017, he was appointed Chief Development Financing Officer for The Jamaica National Group. Prior to this appointment he held the position of Assistant General Manager, Group Finance and Mortgage Operations.
In recognition of his outstanding leadership as Managing Director of the National Housing Trust and his contribution to the housing sector in Jamaica, he was awarded the National Honour, Order of Distinction (Commander Class) in 2006.
He has served on the boards of several Public and Private Sector companies, civic boards and societies thereby contributing to community and national development. In 1997, he was the recipient University of Technology (UTECH) Outstanding Alumnus Award and, in 2006 he received the Distinguished Rotarian Award from the Rotary Club of St. Andrew. In recognition of his contribution to the development of Cornwall College he was awarded the Man of Might Award in 2012 from the Cornwall College Old Boys Association (CCOB). In 2016, he received an award from the Kingston Chapter of CCOB for his contribution to national development. He is a Justice of the Peace for the city of Kingston, is married and has three (3) children.
- Masters in Business Administration, The Chapman Graduate School, Florida International University
- Diploma in Accounting, College of Arts, Science and Technology (now University of Technology, Jamaica)
- Certificate in Housing Finance, Wharton Real Estate Business School, University of Pennsylvania
- A Chartered Accountant by profession
- Fellow, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (UK)
- Fellow, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Jamaica
- Trustee, Cornwall College Trust
- Past President, Rotary Club of St. Andrew
- Past President, St. Andrew Jaycees