Leon Mitchell currently supports the Office of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in identifying and initiating projects and strategic alliances to advance The Jamaica National Group Limited locally and internationally.
Since joining the Jamaica National Building Society (JNBS) in 1999, he has worked in a ranges of positions, including Overseas Business Development Executive; CEO JNO (UK, USA and Canada) Limited; and JN Group Executive, Marketing, Sales & Promotions. He was appointed Assistant General Manager in 2011.
Prior to joining JN Group, Mr Mitchell was Managing Director of CVM TV, Marketing Director of Wisynco Limited, Advertising Manager at Gleaner Company Limited (Jamaica), Managing Director at Weekly Gleaner (UK) and Trainee at Sainsbury Limited (UK).
- Fellow Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Master of Business (MBA), Florida International University, Beta Gamma Sigma
- Bachelor, Business Administration, University of Technology
- Diploma, Marketing, the Chartered Institute of Marketing
- President: Boys Town Football Club (2017)
- Deputy Chairman: Special Olympics Association of Jamaica (2017)
- Vice President: Marketing Association of Jamaica OUT
- Member: Kiwanis Club of Kingston
- Member: Kingston Cricket Club
- Member: Jamaica Red Cross, Fund Raising Committee
An avid sports supporter, Leon Mitchell has previously played semi-professional football in the UK, served as Coach for football teams, in Jamaica including Rockfort Football Club; and the Kingston Commissioners Masters League Football Team; as well as Technical Director for the Tarrant High School Manning Cup Programme and the Shortwood Major League Football Club. He is also past Chairman of the Infrastructure Committee – Kingston & St Andrew Football Association (KSAFA), and President for the Jamaica Hockey Federation.