Miss Paulette Simpson has responsibility for Corporate Affairs for The Jamaica National Group in the United Kingdom (UK) In this role, she seeks to initiate, manage and deliver strategies to enhance the organisation’s corporate reputation, brand, relationship with members and the wider community in the UK. She has been instrumental in spearheading the hosting of numerous JN events, including:
- JN Outlook for the Future, a series of annual fora, which features Jamaican Administration, Opposition Leaders, policy makers and heads of corporate entities, as the main presenters
- JN Caribbean Question Time, a forum for Caribbean people in the UK, which provide a platform for them to interact with their political representatives of their communities
She also provides strategic management support for The Voice, which has been Britain’s leading Black newspaper for the last 35 years, seeking to reposition the newspaper to achieve greater efficiencies and deeper market penetration.
Ms Simpson has held several other positions within the JN Group, including
- Chief Representative Officer for the UK Representative Office of the Jamaica National Building Society
- General Manager of the remittance company, JN Overseas (UK) Limited, now renamed JN Money Services (UK) Limited.
She has previously worked with the UK operations of National Commercial Bank, Jamaica and began her career with Price Waterhouse Coopers, where she specialized in business development, training and marketing for six years. During that period, she was seconded to the Commonwealth Secretariat to develop and deliver a training programme for young women in business in Zambia.
Miss Simpson represented the UK community on the Jamaica Diaspora Advisory Board, and in that capacity advised the Minister of State in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade for four years about issues relating to the Jamaican Diaspora in the UK.
She continues to be very active in the UK community and assists various charities across the UK with their work to improve the lives of Jamaicans in the UK and Jamaica.
- MBA, University of Westminster
- BA (Hons) Business Studies (Finance and Marketing), University of Stirling, Scotland
- Director, JN Money Services (UK) Ltd
- Director, GV Media, publishers of The Voice newspaper
- Member, Chartered Institute of Marketing