An accomplished Attorney-at-Law and Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist, Tasha Manley is General Legal Counsel for The Jamaica National Group, assuming this position in September 2016. Ms Manley was previously employed as Chief Compliance Officer at the Jamaica National Building Society since July 2011, with oversight for the global Anti-Money Laundering programme and the broader regulatory compliance framework for the JN Group.
Former Crown Counsel in the Attorney General’s Department, Ms. Manley has represented the Government of Jamaica in all local courts and has appeared before the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council, UK, on two occasions.
She has worked as an International Fellow at the Commodities Futures Trading Commission, Washington DC.
- Legal Education Certificate, Norman Manley Law School
- Bachelor of Laws and BSc, Political Science (First Class Honours), The University of the West Indies
- Currently pursuing the internationally acclaimed Chartered Banker MBA.
- Member, UK Chartered Banker Institute (student member)
- Member, Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists
- Member, UK Money Transmitter’s Association
- Member, Jamaica Banker’s Association Compliance Committee
She has also served as a Director on a number of public sector Boards, including the Development Bank of Jamaica, chairing the board’s Audit Committee; the Chase Fund (later serving as Corporate Secretary); the Jamaica Civil Aviation Authority and the Water Resources Authority.