With more than 14 years of regulatory experience in depository institution supervision and regulation at the Bank of Jamaica, and over 12 years’ experience in tax compliance and public relations with Customs and Tax Administration, Ms. Ferguson brings a wealth of knowledge to her portfolio as Group Chief, Compliance and Risk. She joined the JN Group on November 5, 2018, and reports directly to Earl Jarrett, Chief Executive Officer.
Prior to her appointment, she held the position of Chief Compliance Officer/Nominated Officer at JMMB Bank (formerly JMMB Merchant Bank) from 2016 to 2018, where she was responsible for the implementation and management of the compliance framework for the bank. She was also tasked with the oversight and management of the AML/CFT Programme, compliance with laws and regulations governing the banking activities both locally and internationally, and ensuring conformance with the company’s policies and procedures.
In her regulatory role at the Bank of Jamaica, her responsibilities included supervisory oversight of Regulatory Compliance, Risk (Credit, Operational and Market), and Financial assessments conducted on standalone depository institutions, their subsidiaries and associated companies, and consolidated financial groups.
- Fellow, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Jamaica (FCA)
- MSc, Accounting (Distinction), The University of the West Indies, Mona (UWI)
- BSc, Accounting and Management (Hons), The University of the West Indies, Mona (UWI)
- Professional Certificate, Public Relations (UWI School of Continuing Studies)
- Member, Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS)
- Member, Jamaica Banker’s Association Compliance Committee
- Member of the Audit Committee – Registrar Generals Department
- Adjunct Finance and Accounting Lecturer- Mona School of Business and Management – UWI, Mona
- Justice of the Peace for the parish of St. Andrew
She also served as Board Treasurer of the Jones Town Citizens for Change and is a former Board Finance Committee member – St Theresa Preparatory School.